Yield: 4 desserts
Preparation time: about 10 minutes Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 Homestyle Archway Fruit Filled Raspberry cookies
- 1 cup vanilla or French vanilla ice cream
- 4 teaspoons coarse crushed oven roasted sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy; slowly add sugar beating until meringue holds stiff peaks; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash chopped strawberries.
- Use 4 (2/3 cup capacity) fluted or plain ramekins; place about 1-1/2 Tablespoons mashed strawberries into each cup.
- Top each with 1 Archway Fruit Filled cookie.
- Place about 1 scoop (about 1/4 cup) ice cream over each cookie.
- Spread meringue topping over the cups; sealing all sides of the ramekins with meringue.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped sliced almonds over the top of each dessert.
- Broil in preheated oven for 2 minutes or tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; place each ramekin on a serving plate.
- Serve desserts immediately.