Makes 2 large servings
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, packed
- 10 large banana chips, coarsely crushed
- 8 Archway Coconut Macaroon Cookies, coarsely crushed
- 5 large frozen bananas, broken into fouths before freezing
- 1/4 cup skim milk, chilled
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini-morsel chocolate chips, divided
- In a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium heat, toast the coconut, stirring constantly until nicely browned; 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer toasted coconut to a small bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the banana chips and Archway Coconut Macaroon Cookies; set aside.
- Place the bananas, heavy cream, sugar, and salt into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer "ice cream" to two large serving bowls.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the "ice cream", evenly divided.
- Sprinkle the Banana-Macaroon Crunch Topping, equally divided, over each serving.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut, evenly divided, over each serving. Serve immediately. Prep
- Note: I consider this recipe a Dessert without ice cream, because this is not "typical" ice cream made the conventional way that ice cream is made.