Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- Crush the Ginger Snaps and set aside 4 tablespoons of crumbs.
- Toss the rest of the crumbs with melted butter until coated.
- Press into the bottoms of the cupcake liners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 min.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Stir in zest.
- Pour over crust, dividing evenly among cupcake liners.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- Then turn off oven, open door a bit and let sit in oven for 30 minutes.
For Candied Ginger Topping:
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of reserved finely crushed Ginger Snaps on each cheesecake.
- Place a few julienned pieces of ginger in the center of each cheesecake, press lightly.
- Dust confectioner’s sugar over cheesecakes.
For Blueberry Topping:
- Toss blueberries with syrup to coat.
- Heap a generous spoonful over each cheesecake and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of reserved finely crushed Ginger Snaps.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.